Payment of Rates
Details on methods of payment for rates:
A. Payment through Australia Post
Payment can be made through Australia Post by two options:
- In person (cash, cheque, debit and credit cards)
- By Phone 13 18 16 or by internet using PostBillpay (debit and credit card)
Payment by BPay using Biller Code 626069 (Biller Reference Number unique for each Rates Assessment, please contact Walgett Shire Council for more information).
Payments can be made at Walgett Shire Council
- In person at Council (credit card/Eftpos) - No cash Withdrawls allowed
- Payment by Telephone 02 6828 1399 ( Bankcard, Mastercard or Visa Card)
D. Payment through Mail/In person
Payment by Cheque or Money Order - payable to "Walgett Shire Council" and crossed "Not Negotiable"
Mail Payments to:Walgett Shire CouncilP.O. BOX 31Walgett NSW 2832
If receipt not required attach payment with detachable payment slip and retain top section for your records. No change will be given on cheques.
E. Direct Deposit
Payment can be made directly into Council's Account, please contact Walgett Shire Council for more information and account details.
Centrepay is a voluntary bill-paying service which is free for Centrelink customers. Use Centrepay to arrange regular deductions from your Centrelink payment. You can start or change a deduction at any time. The quickest way to do it is through your Centrelink account online.
- If you are having difficulty making your rates payment, please contact Walgett Shire Council and a member of staff will assist you by making an arrangement to pay.
- To avoid unnecessary legal costs it is recommended that you ring and make an arrangement. Do not ignore notices!
Walgett Shire Council - Rates Clerk
Phone: 02 6828 1399