Road Occupancies & Temporary Closures

List below are links to forms and guides on road closures, road occupancies and event approvals.


These apply to any event or work being conducted by other people from within a Council / RTA Road Reserve unless subject to a planning approval submitted to Planning & Regulatory Services.


The applications should be submitted to Council (Not the RTA, Council will forward them to the RTA / Traffic Committee).


Applications should be addressed to the Chairman of the Walgett Local Area Traffic Committee.


The recommended timeframe (in the guide) is to submit the application at least 4 months in advance of the event or road occupancy. 

Note that Traffic Committee usually only meets every two months.

Roads & Maritime - Corporate Publications

Contact Details

Walgett Shire Council

Phone: 02 6828 1399