Click on the Map to see the 2016 Sydney Film Festival Ad for the Kamilaroi Highway.
Running from Willow Tree, just south of Tamworth, straight out to the back of Bourke, the Kamilaroi Highway offers the most direct route from the Great Divide to the Great Outback. Along the way, you'll discover the quintessential Australian bush experience - from street-strolling koalas to road-running emus and from country squires to colourful opal miners.
The Kamilaroi Highway route to Bourke from the east coast takes you into the agricultural heartland of NSW, cruising through golden fields of wheat, sunflowers and canola; past the rugged mountain ranges of the Nandewars and Mt Kaputar; and on to the sunburnt plains of the Outback grazing runs.
Along the way, the Kamilaroi's iconic towns and settlements give you every excuse to extend your journey over several days, with each stop presenting its own unique slice of life in the bush.
- Gunnedah Visitor Information Centre ANZAC Park, South Street, Gunnedah NSW 2380 Free Call: 1800 KOALAS (1800 562 527) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.infogunnedah.com.au
- Narrabri Visitor Information Centre, Newell Highway Narrabri NSW 2380 Free Call: 1800 659 931 Email:email@example.com Website: http://www.visitnarrabri.com.au/
- Walgett Visitor Information Centre, 88 Fox St Walgett NSW 2832 pHONE: 02 6828 6137 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.walgett.nsw.gov.au
- Lightning Ridge Visitor Information Centre, Lions Park Morilla St Lightning Ridge NSW 2834 Phone: 02 6829 1672 Email: email@example.com Website: http://lightningridgeinfo.com.au/
- Brewarrina Visitor & Cultural Centre, 50 Bathurst Street, Brewarrina NSW 2839 Phone: 02 6830 5152 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Website www.breshire.com
- Bourke Visitor Information Centre, Old Railway Building, Anson Street, Bourke NSW 2840 Phone: 02 6872 1222 Email: email@example.com Website: www.visitbourke.com
Phone: 1800 659 931