Dick Colless Scholarships
Applications are now being invited for the Dick Colless Memorial Scholarships.
2023 Dick Colless Memorial Scholarships Guidelines and Application Form(DOCX, 170KB)
Four scholarships, up to $2,500 each will be awarded annually to students entering their second and / or subsequent years of study being undertaken at recognised tertiary institutions and TAFE colleges. Scholarships will only be awarded to those who have their principal place of residence within Walgett Shire.
Scholarships will be based on course fees, accommodation requirements and any other special requirements for study including residential course attendance expenses. When awarding scholarships due consideration will be given to the results achieved in the first and subsequent years of study.
All Applicants must fulfil the following Application Criteria:
- The applicant’s principal place of abode must be within the Walgett Shire.
- The applicant must provide at least one full year of current course transcripts and is entering into the second and/or subsequent years of study.
- The applicant must be undertaking course at recognised tertiary institutions or TAFE College.
- The applicant must disclose information for any funding or scholarships they have previously held or intend to apply for.
- The applicant must include an essay explaining the opportunities of living, training and /or developing commercial business opportunities in Walgett Shire. The essay must be no more than 1,000 words and must be submitted with the application form.
- The formal application must be made on the prescribed application form.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Friday 14th April 2023 and should be forwarded to: email@example.com or delivered to Council’s Chambers at 77 Fox Street, Walgett.
Further information may be obtained by contacting Council’s Administration Office during normal office hours by phoning 02 6828 6100