01 Jul Community War Memorials Fund – Closes 26 July 2021.
The NSW Government established the Community War Memorials Fund to help conserve, repair and protect war memorials across NSW.
Since the establishment of the program in 2008, grants have been provided for a wide range of projects including conservation assessments, honour roll repair, war memorial cleaning and conservation work, arborist advice for war memorial trees, security measures for memorials, repairs to war memorial halls and improvements to the accessibility of memorials.
$ Available: Up to $10 000.00
Eligibility: To be considered for a Community War Memorials Fund grant, you must comply with the following eligibility criteria.
- Applications must be for an existing war memorial commemorating Australia’s military heritage and the war memorial must be located within the State of NSW or, if located outside NSW, be of direct and substantial relevance to the State.
- The definition of a “memorial” includes public monuments, memorial places, landscaped spaces, buildings, sculptures, trees and avenues as well as indoor fixtures such as honour boards, plaques, busts or bas-relief sculptures.
- An application may be made by any organisation, provided the owner or custodian of the memorial, local RSL sub-branch and local council support the bid, where applicable.
- Before applying to the Community War Memorials Fund the memorial must first be recorded on the NSW War Memorials Register.
- Applications must be for the repair, protection and/or conservation of existing memorials.
- The maximum Community War Memorials Fund grant for any one application will ordinarily be $10,000, unless extraordinary circumstances prevail or a memorial of state or national significance is considered to be at risk. Grants for work to improve accessibility are capped at $2,000.
- Applications relating to memorials located on either private or public property are eligible for funding, however the memorial must have a public function and be accessible to the public.
- The State War Memorials Committee will announce grants biannually. However, the Committee may make extraordinary grants as circumstances require.
- Applications to fund works that have already been completed are not eligible.
- The State War Memorials Committee may, in extraordinary circumstances, approve applications that do not meet all of the above criteria.
Key Dates: Closes 26 July 2021.
For More Information or to Apply: CLICK HERE