08 Jun Small Project Grants (Quick Response) for Individuals
Applications for Small Project Grants (Quick Response) are open.
Small Project Grants (Quick Response) funding aims to:
- Enable artists and arts/cultural workers (including museum workers) to participate in outstanding and relevant time-sensitive opportunities
- Contribute to the creation, development and/or presentation of new work
- Improve the capacity of professionals working in NSW to become arts and cultural leaders.
Funding of between $500 and $5000 is available to support NSW-based professional artists and arts/cultural workers (including museum workers) to build their capability, portfolio of work, audience and/or market.
Examples of projects that may be funded include but not limited to:
- Mentoring, skills development or residency opportunities;
- research and/or development of creative/cultural projects that develop new skills and/or engage with new ways of working including new approaches to museum practice, generating new income from your creative skills and forming cross multi-disciplinary performances;
- an outstanding arts and/or cultural opportunity, such as performing or presenting a work at a nationally or internationally recognised festival, industry event or exhibition; and
- development of new work that would expand their audience.
Funding is not available for:
- assisting with study for a university degree or other formal qualification (such as a certification)
- recovering the costs of items and materials already purchased
- the purchase of musical instruments, artworks, equipment or vehicles
- capital works
- fundraising, awards or prize money
- repayment of loans
To be eligible for a Small Project Grant you need to meet the following three criteria:
1. Applicant type
Individual or group applicant/s must:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident and
- Be a professional artist or an arts/cultural worker (including museum workers) with
- a commitment to arts and cultural work as a major aspect of their working life (even if this work is not the main source of their income) and
- a degree of training, experience or manner of working that allows their work to be assessed against the highest practiced standards in their relevant artform or discipline and
- Have been residing in NSW over the last 12 months.
If applying as an Individual:
- You can apply with no ABN but if successful will be required to either
- Obtain an Individual/Sole Trader ABN OR
- Engage a Funds Administrator
If applying as a Group, you can provide:
- a members’ Individual/Sole Trader ABN OR
- a Partnership ABN OR
- an Unincorporated Entity ABN
All other ABN’s are ineligible, including Company/Incorporated Association ABN’s.
2. Project focus
Your project must be a clearly defined arts and cultural project.
Your project must be urgent or time-sensitive, with funds being needed within 3 months of applying*
*You will need to provide evidence of the timing as part of your application. If you have a project that is not urgent, please consider applying to Project Funding (individuals). Your project start date must be at least three weeks after the date you submit your application, or it will be deemed ineligible.
For more information or to apply CLICK HERE