13 May Walgett Shire to Participate in TRIAGE 2020 Event
Joining rural communities together to breathe new life and solutions into the people and problems in your community through:
The Rural Idea Activation – GREAT EVENT
Let’s activate some bloody good ideas and amazing people in our RURAL communities!
Calling all Economic Development Teams, Service Clubs and Community Groups in Rural Australia
This global pandemic – is only a problem if we let it be.
Let’s unearth, share and start implementing new creative ideas, together!
Let’s make this time work for you, to build outside the box solutions, for your communities.
The literal meaning of TRIAGE is a ‘Solution Prioritisation and Activation Process’ and that’s exactly what we’re going to do!
WE CAN HELP YOU
Engage your community in new, fun and exciting ways, by bringing them together, just differently to normal, during isolation!
Activate amazing local responses to COVID19 created issues by getting your community involved like never before
Connect your local leaders to other leaders across rural Australia with our unique methods and national reach
Identify community initiated recovery and renewal activities
Stimulate economic, social and community development activity in ways not limited by the ‘system’
HOW WILL WE DO THAT?
- We’re calling all RURAL LOCAL GOVERNMENTS, SERVICE CLUBS, COMMUNITY GROUPS in AUSTRALIA to join us.
- We’re getting groups (we call them PODS) of people together online from YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA (LGA).
- We’re then connecting your POD with PODS from other Local Government Areas to allow for unprecedented interaction and collaboration.
- Through our system, the PODS will participate in an intensive, virtually facilitated, 1 day IDEA Activation Experience where they workshop the local issues.
- During this Experience our experts will share knowledge, skills and help people practice:
- Team building
- Lean Business Planning
- The ultimate finale will be the PUBLIC LIVE ONLINE PITCH event where PODS will share their 5 minute pitch of the BEST Community Solution they’ve come up with.
- We want as many people to hear these great ideas as possible. This is how we make them happen in their communities!
There is no point hoarding knowledge at this time, collaboration is the only way and we need to share the resources to build ALL rural communities.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOUR COMMUNITY?
It’s so important to show rural people they are not alone in this time of isolation. By connecting people together from different LGAs across the country, we create a fun and unique, shared experience for them to understand that they are not the only ones going through what they are going through.
There are lots of people sitting around saying ‘if only they did xyz…’, having great ideas that never get heard or see the light of the day. Activation means – the action or process of making something active or operative…. This is what we need right now! We want to help you unearth those treasures, put some thinking into them and then share them far and wide!
If we learn to work together, better, then we can say that something good came out of all of this, and if we want to see it then YOU need to lead it. It could be argued that this will be one of the most collaborative co-created events EVER in Rural Australia… and you could be a pioneer in that movement!
- Innovation there are amazing innovative thinkers in our communities and often the ‘system’ we operate in restricts us from truly being able to access and then enable this innovation…but now with TRIAGE we can unlock and unleash this innovation to the world and inspire people to action!
All of the ideas Pitched from this event will be considered ‘open source’ and available for anyone to take up and run with! Imagine being the one who brings new life to your community through the sharing in these ideas! There is nothing more powerful than being inspired and motivated by a new idea! Sometimes these ideas are so great that you’ll just want to implement them! So everyone WINS!
- DistractionSometimes the best thing we can do for people to help them move through trauma and reclaim some sense of ‘control’ is to distract them from their ‘daily’ life and bring them into a shared space for PLAY and FUN and CO-CREATION. It’s a healing and powerful thing to do and TRIAGE will do that for them!
WHO SHOULD REGISTER?
Authorised Local Government representative (eg Economic Development Officer, CEO, HR Manager), Authorised representative from a Community Group or Service Club
To register: https://triage2020.com/